OT Key buttons

Kenneth Jankura kenrpt at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 14 09:09:00 MDT 2006

I've done a few sets with what I think is a novel procedure.
You usually get about 9 racks of buttons in a set. Leave them long.
Using a simple balance-rail-pin-in-a-board-with-reference-lines jig,
align and glue the button on a key with a mixture of wood and CA glue.
It grabs immediately,  so quickly clamp with a spring clamp or two
and set aside.
By the time you've glued the 9th button on, the first button is set
up enough and ready to bandsaw real close and chisel or hand or drum
finish sand. Go to the next, etc.
When all the button racks are free, start gluing the next set of nine.
You get to work steadily, alternating the two steps.
And it seems you're done in no time at all.

Ken Jankura RPT
Newville, PA