S&S D with high strings/low action stack

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Mon Oct 16 14:59:38 MDT 2006

David I.

Good point David,  I'll re-read the initial post.  But as I recall, this
is a small school on the outskirts of civilization by US standards...
border town nearly ?  You have the novelty of a lone dealer/tech who is
rarely available and a school administration that was not aware
evidently of what they should expect in terms of performance and hence
service from the dealer/tech.  And, if the dealer/tech is responsible
for the overstriking... well this is still a matter for Steinways table
me thinks.  In anycase the school should not have to pay for repairs
needed to a piano under warranty when the problems needing attention can
be traced to the factory and/or their agents... yes ?

Interesting side bit to this.  In Europe most of this kind of thing has
been done away with.  Everything that Steinway sells goes through one of
the now very few Steinway House stores only found in the major cities of
Europe. The reason for centralizing everthing had to do with exactly
this kind of thing. Whether its been a successful adventure or not in
dealing with this kind of quality control problem I dont know.  But I
understand the sentiment.

Cheers
RicB

---------
But haven't these hammers been filed quite a bit?   How would one
estimate where they were originally, as far as over-striking?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044