Jonas-Chickering

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 16 15:02:38 MDT 2006

I tuned a Jonas-Chickering piano today with a SN of about 1839, looks to be
about 30 years old.  The name plate was plastic, obviously a knockoff. But
there was registration to sent to Chickering and Sons, which obviously had
not been sent in.  Did Chickering make some really cheap knockoffs of their
own?  This was a really shoddy piece of work, and I'm just nosey.
thanks
les bartlett