Upright Hammer bore

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 09:03:44 MDT 2006

In a message dated 10/18/2006 4:42:20 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
algiers_piano at bellsouth.net writes:

This is  probably way elementary for all y'all
experts out there, but I have an  1870s Steinway
upright that has been butchered action wise, and
I need  to replace hammers with no original
samples.

Can I go from the c-pin to string
distance like I would on a grand  and then see
what angle lets the head hit the string at 90º?
Any  suggestions appreciated.
  Hi Dave
  No , not a good idea.  These hammers are seriously  raked.  I have one in
shop right now.  Let me get you some  specs.  What's you time frame?
  regards
  Dale Erwin

--
----Dave