Baldwin Hamilton with unhappy key dip

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Oct 18 12:24:38 MDT 2006

1/16" is too much for the jack to butt distance, go for that amount of travel
of the backcheck before contact. That hammer blow will work, sometimes
that has to be shortened for regulation.

What 'is' the key dip? A Hamilton should be 3/8" but I use my .390 block,
seems to work well.  Key height spec: 2 1/2" or a comfortable split between
the key slip and up stop rail.

Don't forget, the Baldwins have an easy way to adjust key height.  Usually
under select Bb's (that's B flats) there is a screw to raise the balance rail.
Between them are the screws which secure the rail down.
--

Regards,

Jon Page