Deal...or No Deal?

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Wed Oct 18 21:08:19 MDT 2006

There's sometimes a conflict between doing what a customer asks and sticking to your own standards.  Other people will judge your work long after the pianist who called you is gone.

I think it would be important to communicate that you must test and adjust every note that doesn't sound right to *your* ear, regardless of how "in-tune" it sounds to the pianist.  This isn't intermission, where you're only touching up unisons; that's the only time I'd do such a thing.

There's a pitch raise, and there's fine tuning.  This would be the latter.

--Cy--