High tension? Low? Board stiffness? was Hammer Types

RicB RicB at pianostemmer.no
Thu Oct 19 12:04:29 MDT 2006

This simply has to be the years best crack up.  ROLF big time !  I
wonder how many of our throng remember Phyllis Diller.  Very funny indeed.

Cheers
RicB

    "Because hammer choice and voicing is damage control. It's the
    very last chance on the list to salvage whatever small portion
    of tone potential is left after the string scale, soundboard
    design, and age have done their damage. When Phyllis Diller
    goes to the hairdresser and says "Just make me beautiful", The
    same hairdresser with the same tools won't get the same result
    with Phyllis as with, (insert personal favorite endorphin
    inducer here)."

    Ron N