removing shanks from butts

Alan McCoy ahm at webband.com
Sat Oct 21 11:49:18 MDT 2006

Ed,

I agree that replacing is cheaper and will give better results. However if
you are determined to replace the shanks just cut them off flush with the
butt. Create a jig to hold the butts. The jig and butt then are clamped in a
drill press vise. Drill them out. Once you have created your jig, this is
faster than fiddling with pulling out the old shanks.

Alan

--Alan McCoy, RPT
Inland Northwest Chapter
Spokane, WA