High tension? Low? Board stiffness? was Hammer Types

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Oct 21 19:40:21 MDT 2006

> Thanks for supplying these numbers David. I'm putting them into Pscale
> so I can see the graphs and do some experimenting. Would the B be better
> off with another bridge or just wrapped strings in the low tenor? If
> changing wire size alone doesn't do the trick, it sure makes for a more
> expensive rebuild!

Another bridge, definitely, and a rebuild improving design
problems has a right to be expensive, I would think. Isn't
there a cliche to the effect that it only takes twice the
price to do it over as it takes to do it expensively the first
time? Something like that...

> In assessing a scale, do you look at loudness/sustain or hammer contact
> time at all?

Yes, but sustain isn't string scaling.
Ron N