Removing shanks from butts. (Jurgen?)

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 10:10:21 MDT 2006

I had one of those $200 electric shank-twisting pliers
that Pianotek used to sell. Clamped around the base of
the shank, they made enough heat to soften the glue
and pull it right out. ( Great for shank-twisting,
too!) But the elements burned out on mine. Anyone know
where to get them? All these are are  hair-curling
irons, modified, but frm Germany ( and I don't speak.
)
     Jurgen ???
     Thump