removing shanks from butts

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 22 13:17:55 MDT 2006

 For rebuilding efficiency, drilling out the butts on a drill press is the way to go.

If, however, you are planning to take the RPT exams, this is an excellent chance to become expert at a repair that many people never master.  Get the PACE repair handbook or the Guide to Field Repairs from PTG and use the tools and do the repair exactly as described.  After 20 or so shank removals you will be ready to pull broken shanks with the best.

Ed Sutton