UPS

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Oct 25 21:45:45 MDT 2006

It's scary.

This weekend, right in the middle of cutting a couple of sets
of ribs to length, my bandsaw went from cutting just fine, to
hhmmmmmmmmmm, in one flick of the switch. Might be the start
capacitor, or evil spirits. Either way, it would cost more to
find out than the garage sale motor originally cost me, so I
ordered a new replacement motor from Grizzly around noon on
Monday. Today (Wednesday), I got an e-mail notification that
it had gone out UPS on Tuesday, just a couple of hours before
it was delivered to my door.

I think it's interesting that a low volume unknown (hands!)
can pay a premium price for fast delivery that gets there
whenever it eventually arrives, but a high volume business
gets next day service at "whenever" rates.

Another day in the cheap seats, but my bandsaw is working just
fine now, thank you, so I'm dangerous once again. Now if
someone would clean up my shop tomorrow while I'm out
installing music in pianos...

"Sometimes we sits and thinks, and sometimes we just sits"

Sigh.
Ron N