Schomacker gold strings

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com
Thu Oct 26 18:20:32 MDT 2006

The wire is actually gold plated.

I once had a customer who had seen one of these pianos and wanted me to restring
his piano with similar wire. I did find a plater who was willing to gold plate
the wire but didn't actually set a price on the project. It would have been
thousands and on hearing this my customer decided plain old Mapes "International
Gold" wire was close enough.

Del

  _____