Schomacker gold strings

VOCE88 at aol.com VOCE88 at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 04:34:47 MDT 2006

Hello list!

I have a question.

I have seen a few of these beasties with the "gold" strings still on them,
and coincidentally,I just saw one. The customer would like his piano fully
rebuilt, but wants the option of having gold strings reinstalled. When I called and
spoke to a Mapes technician..... well I was told it wasn't possible.

My question is - what did Schomacker use? I know they marketed it as gold,
but was it actually a little brass aded to the steel? Was it some kind of
plating? Can anyone help?

Rich Galassini
Cunninham Piano Co.