julius Bauer

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Oct 30 06:23:04 MST 2006

That's the puppy! Nice photo. Thanks.

I love the zero compromise dogleg on the long bridge. It's a vertically laminated bridge - and let's just say there are 8 laminations - on one side two laminae terminate at the dogleg and on the other side of the bridge, two other laminae terminate. And they don't round the cut off like you see on most pianos with a dogleg - the cut is straight (or nearly so) and simply aligned with the plate strut so you don't see it at all unless you really poke your head down in there and specifically look for it.

I can't wait to get back to it and examine the soundboard crown adjustment system that Del described. I didn't notice that when I looked under it previously.

It is apparent that Mr. Bauer was an extremely innovative piano builder. No S&S clones here!

Terry Farrell