Church breaking wound strings

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:36:01 MDT 2007

Hi Michelle,
I had the same problem with a KG-2 in a church here in Wisconsin, heavy
handed player breaking bass strings. Mapes offered to use a heavier core and
lighter winding making the string the same weight but harder to break! They
have all the scalings for Kawai pianos, probably Bostons too since Kawai
builds them, I'd check w/them and see if it's possible.
It solved my problem!
Mike

--
Michael Magness