squeaky, creaky pedal puzzler---SOLVED!

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Fri Aug 17 01:13:30 MDT 2007

Here's another one of those fixes that you learn at great cost. So how do
you charge for the next one? Now that you know to look there the next one
will only take you 10 minutes instead of 90. But you can't just charge for
the 10 minutes. You should recoup your initial investment of time. You'll
probably only run across 5 of these in your entire career (I've only seen
one maybe two in 25 years). So that is 90/5=18, 18 minutes have to be added
on to the 10 minutes it takes you the next 5 times to recover your
investment of time in learning this fix. In other words, to be profitable in
the long term, you must charge for 28 minutes the next 5 times you do this
repair instead of the actual 10 that it takes you.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802