disabling individual noes

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Fri Aug 17 07:00:18 MDT 2007

 Hi Joe,

 and E flat are derived from the Like so many other pieces using original tuning systems, although the piece had been performed and even recorded previously, some tuning issues had just not yet been worked out with previous tuners.? To quote the composer from notes he made while we sorted through what it is he actually wants, "C19th and 23rd harmonics of low A [one of the drone notes] with pure octaves below the top of the piano."? Also, "Higher (unplayed) pitches are tuned to lower tones (for example A 6, 7, 8 are tuned to A 4's or A 5's octave harmonics most are at 4 octaves above, some are at 3; high Gs are tuned to their corresponding 7th harmonics; pitches below the drone are tuned as octaves to the drone."

Does that answer your question?

Alan