Pearl River strings hanging in agraffes

pianotuna55 at comcast.net pianotuna55 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 18 16:02:18 MDT 2007

Hello list:
I do the service work for the local Pearl River dealer here in town.  For their size and price, they get a surprisingly decent sound.   There is a troublesome problem in tuning these brand new pianos: the plain wire strings "hang" in the agraffes.  The "ping" is not in every string but enough to make the tuning difficult.  You know what I mean.  I've dropped the tension before tightening and this helps some but the problem still exists.  I haven't contacted Pearl about this yet.

Now, am I the only one that is having this problem?
Howard Jackson