snap-in center pin bushing problems

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Aug 19 09:10:41 MDT 2007

> I s’pose I could heat the sticker with a heat gun and twist the heck out
> of it, but it would take about a 30-degree twist to correct it.
>
> Any other solution?  Surely this isn’t the only Acrosonic with that
> problem.  Three other keys (actually wippens) have the same ailment.
>
>             --David Nereson, RPT

I've had good success kerfing the really bad ones on a long
diagonal, just short of going through, with a fine blade saw.
Glue and clamp, which twists the assembly as the kerf is
closed, and install when the glue is dry. I've done it with
warped keys too, when I couldn't make anything else work.
Ron N