Bushmaster tip

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Tue Aug 21 08:00:30 MDT 2007

For those of you who use the Bushmaster/brass cauls for key bushing:

One problem I've experienced with the Bushmaster tool is its willingness of
the lower barrel part to unscrew from the rest of the assembly.  Short of
using a pipe wrench, one thing I found to work well for keeping the assy.
together is to put a wrap of Teflon tape around the threads (the same as is
used for compressed air fittings).  Since I put the tape on, no unscrewing -
been at least a dozen bushing jobs now, and it used to come apart any number
of times during a single job.

William R. Monroe