Accepting credit cards

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sat Dec 1 08:47:12 MST 2007

I've been doing this for a couple years now. In that time, I've been asked
only three or four times if I take plastic. I certainly cannot justify $300
per year for 2-3 charges.  (i.e. not everyone on this list is doing 3-5
tunings per day and/or working 35-50 hours/week.)

That said, the most recent inquiry, which returned a "Sorry, no plastic"
response from me, resulted in "Well, if you took plastic I could pay you
today. Paying by check takes a lot of rigmarole at the central office and
will take 2-3 weeks to get you paid."  <Sigh...>

I think I will start asking people if they'd like to pay with plastic. It
would result in fewer/less-frequent trips to the bank...

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN