Accepting credit cards

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 08:56:03 MST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 11:44 PM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> I continue to resist payment in plastic, on principal
> (remember that?) rather than cost. Someone else can be all
> things to all people as they're able. I don't have it in me.
> Check, please!
> Ron N

Same here.  We as a society are ridden with debt, from the national level
all the way down to the personal level.  I will not contribute to that.  It
will be our ruin unless we change.
Begin rant:

(And if all debt were repaid, there would be no money in circulation -- it
would all be in the banks!  It's our glorious debt-based money system..hard
at work to screw you.  I mean, serve you.  Ick!)
I don't even have a credit card - just a couple of debit cards.

Living within one's means is the best way to go.  Once we realize that the
latest toy is just the latest toy, and won't truly satisfy us, we'll start
looking for the things that really do satisfy.

The borrower is slave to the lender.  And, when the banks cause the next
depression, the master will come to collect from the slave.  Then the slave
has to give up his borrowed "property" that he has been  merely renting from
the master.

End of rant.

--
JF