Accepting credit cards

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 12:07:14 MST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 11:04 AM, paul bruesch <paul at bruesch.net> wrote:

> Totally agree with your rant, John.
>
> But... some people use plastic regularly and derive benefits, such as
> flier miles, and pay off their bill in full each month, which is great since
> the benefits are (I imagine) funded by finance charges that they're not
> paying when they pay in full. Then again, there are others who ARE funding
> the benefits as well as other benefits of the corporate execs and
> shareholders... and those who are funding the collection agency
> pocketbooks... and bankruptcy judges...
>
> Plastic-free (all-natural) Paul

:-)  Yeah, you know that saying, "there's no such thing as a free lunch...."
 In my earlier years, I would have boasted about how I benefited from the
mileage offers, and rebates, or whatever.  Not anymore -- they have it
figured out to THEIR advantage.  Bankers are not stupid.

Hey guys, if you wanna accept/use the big C cards, that's your prerogative.
 I know there are pros and cons.  I like the fact that by using a debit
card, I can keep up with transactions in a monthly statement.  It makes tax
prep much easier.  What I DON'T like is the fact that my spending habits are
there in someone's file.   So I will probably transition out of that because
our government is beginning to head toward a totalitarian state.

The bottom line is that credit: often works for people who can control
themselves, and some get screwed who can't control themselves or have other
financial difficulties.  But the banks ALWAYS win.

Enough of that....it's hardly piano related.  :-)

--
JF

www.formsma.blogspot.com