stumped

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Tue Dec 4 14:25:49 MST 2007

>Like Alan said, they are pretty springy. Yamaha used to (still do?) put I
>think it was 6.9mm pins in the grands, which is smaller than 1/0, but they
>were well supported by plate bushings.
>Ron N
Hi Ron,
                The Yamaha bushing's are actually plugs.  Good quality
maple with the grain running horizontal, not vertical as in most
piano's.   The plug and the block is drilled in one operation, so no
alignment issues.    A much better system in my book.    You will rarely
find a gap at the rear of the plug, even after 30years.
Flag poling has never been an issue, on the units with plugs.   However you
have to be careful with the CF111S models with no plate plugs, the small
pins like to flag pole.

Regards Roger