Broken Weber Leg

Mark Potter bases-loaded76 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 5 04:34:20 MST 2007

Berley -

  The photos don't show the missing pieces.  Do you have them or are they long gone?  If you have them and they mate perfectly, wood glue should be sufficient.  If you have them and they don't mate perfectly, use epoxy - West System or other hi quality stuff.

  If the missing pieces are ...missing... I would either saw or plane the damaged wood flat and straight on the leg until you get to sound wood, then glue new wood onto the leg (good mating of parts essential), and after the glue cures shape the new wood to the existing contours with coping saw, files, sanders, whatever you have that will do the job.  Re-establish screw hole (perhaps in a new location), dye/stain/finish to match.

  Mark Potter

Berley Antoine Firmin II <firmin1 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
          Hi again all,
  Here are two photos of the broken leg on my Weber. What would be the best way to repair it?

  Thanks,
  Berley Firmin
  LaCombe, Louisiana