K Kawai

Martin Wisenbaker mbjwisenbaker at juno.com
Wed Dec 5 17:11:17 MST 2007

According
 to the Pierce Atlas, the K stands for Koichi. Koichi Kawai founded the
Kawai factory in 1927. His son is Shigeru and his son is Hirotaka Kawai.
As for comparing Kawai with Yamaha, I think it depends on one's taste in
tonal quality. Most if not all Asian pianos have a brighter tone than
American or European pianos. I think both brands are of high quality
manufacture. Kawai rep levers have a perceptible kick to them more than
just about any other brand.

Martin Wisenbaker, RPT
Houston, Texas