K&C SKV-48 question

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Dec 5 20:52:49 MST 2007

I don't recall if I asked them to rescale or not, I might have. I would just
guess that the chief difference is it was designed as a low cost piano and
they put crap strings in to go with the crap hammers. A new set of Mapes and
no more worries, mate (except for the crap hammers).

I have seen this phenomenon before on Asian pianos that are played a lot-
they pop strings after 10-15 years. I attribute it to cheap material and
work hardening. Flame suit on.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272