Instability puzzler

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Dec 7 04:26:21 MST 2007

Will Wickham wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Take a close look at the brace. I've seen a baldwin studio and an
> Everett studio that developed a crack about half way down. In both cases
> the crack was discovered because of tuning instability.
>
> will wickham

If you are lucky.

I discovered both of the broken Baldwin struts that I've run across so
far by investigating sluggish actions.  The back of the wippens were
rubbing on the sides of the struts as they moved forward...

Can you say, "back away, quickly"?

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076