Scheduling question

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Dec 7 05:22:47 MST 2007

Comments interspersed:

William

There is a big diffrence between $45 and $150.

Exaggeration for affect.  Didn't mean to confuse things here.

I agree with Michelle. Charge what you feel comfortable charging, while making a comfortable living.

Fine.  I know a fellow here who is comfortable charging $55 for a tuning, and feels he makes a decent living.  His market would easily support $85.  I think he's being unfair to himself and his family.  I guess it's not for me to judge, eh?

Each person should judge for themselves what the custmers are comfortable paying. In a sparsely populated outlying county, word gets around very fast. Although Michele might be the best tuner around, the piano is not a necessity of life. If the people think they are being taken advantage of, they will stop having their pianos serviced, and she'll be out of job.

Wim

Sure, so don't take advantage of them.  I'm not suggesting that.  I thought I was pretty clear in my post that I recognize the difference between gouging and being fair to yourself.

William R. Monroe