Pricing was: Scheduling question

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Fri Dec 7 05:50:30 MST 2007

There is a big diffrence between $45 and $150. I agree with Michelle. Charge
what you feel comfortable charging, while making a comfortable living.

Each person should judge for themselves what the custmers are comfortable
paying. In a sparsely populated outlying county, word gets around very fast.
Although Michele might be the best tuner around, the piano is not a
necessity of life. If the people think they are being taken advantage of,
they will stop having their pianos serviced, and she'll be out of job.

Wim

*******

Hi Wim and all.  In our "sparsely populated outlying county" I feel like I
am reeducating an entire community.  Many of them have not had their pianos
tuned in a very long time simply because there was only one tuner out here
and he had other things on his plate (owns a music store, wife has been ill
for a very long time).  Prices have changed as well as tuning technology
(ETDs).

And yes, word about one's business does travel surprisingly fast in a rural
community!  =)

Michelle Smith