Charlie brown Christmas

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Fri Dec 7 09:00:16 MST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 6:59 AM, Samuel Choy wrote:

> I don't know what it is about jazz, but I hear out of tune pianos
> all the time in jazz recordings. Maybe they think that the extra
> beats adds to the ambiance?

It's because jazz musicians as a class do not stand up for
themselves...even worse than piano tuners. The players that demanded
an in-tune piano got it....Duke, Count Basie, Bill Evans, Dave
Brubeck, Hank Jones, most of the young modern guys. Dave Grusin must
have been metaphorically smoking crack the day the Charlie Brown
theme was recorded; then to have to listen to that shit thousands of
times in your life....not my idea of fun.

DA