Threadbare

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 7 18:20:50 MST 2007

Hint...AA

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044

Original message

From: "paul bruesch"

To: pianotuner at embarqmail.com, "Pianotech List"

Subject: Re: Threadbare

Twelve steps? That'd be twelve HALF-steps, wouldn't it?

Paul Bruesch, BSCS

Stillwater, MN

On 12/7/07, Alan Barnard < pianotuner at embarqmail.com> wrote:

A third-generation piano tech and retail store owner retired here recently. When I met him he was incredulous that a person with "a degree" (any degree, apparently) would want to do "piano work".

Then again, he kinda came into it as the family business, does not play the piano, etc., so his "motivations" may have been all different.

I've had several careers. From one of them (teaching HS Math) I tell people that I am a recovering teacher.  .... Hi, My name is Alan and I'm a Teacher ..... Hi Alan welcome to our meeting, let me explain the twelve steps ...

Alan Barnard

Salem, MO