Instability puzzler

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Fri Dec 7 22:38:05 MST 2007

---- Farrell <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> And there are methods of building bridges where one can make as an extreme a
> dogleg as scaling demands with no compromise to bridge pin position to the
> edge of the bridge. You don't need to "smooth out" anything!

That's just the response I expected from you, Terry.  So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.  For my money, less is compromised by shifting the back bridge pins, while preserving the side bearing angle, than by cutting through plies and exposing end grain in the dogleg.

Frank Emerson