capo work

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 14:51:25 MST 2007

At 14:56 -0600 9/12/07, Alan Barnard wrote:

>Heavy cloth-backed emery paper is nice because it conforms to the
>contour so well yet takes off the rough stuff.

Yes, or 3M fre-cut even better.  But if, as I think, David is
planning to re-contour the bridge, then I would have a grinding shop
make up a tool in cobalt steel to _scrape_ or "scratch" the new
radius first with the tool held in a home-made scratch stock.  It
would be very slow and inconvenient to to this with files or
abrasives.

JD