hide glue 1

Ron and Lorene Shiflet rlshiflet at cableone.net
Sun Dec 9 14:41:16 MST 2007

I'm going to post a few 'tech tips' about hide glue for anyone who cares to know.  There's lots of different methods that work and this is mine.  I'm always grateful for the different ideas I've learned over the years from others.  Perhaps someone can use this method and improve from theirs.

These images aren't compressed so I'll use a few different emails so as to not overload anyone.  This email is about how I store hide glue.  The photos were taken on a cell phone and are not always that clear but they do get the point across.

I buy the crystals and they arrive in a paper sack.  I then pour them into the can.  This can is was a can for powdered baby  formula.  Any brand will do.  Just remove the label and wash out the can.  The beauty is that it has a removable lid and a scoop.  The scoop is perfect and seems to have been measured to PTG specifications.

I haven't dealt with loose crystals for years.

Ron