Nuclear Rant was Re: problems reading posts

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Dec 10 15:34:32 MST 2007

I beg to differ Jim.  Alan has it right.  In case anyone hasn't
noticed... Marshall's initial inquiry clearly shows he is a quite
capable individual with respect to reading whats on his screen... this
despite whatever impairment he must struggle against. That's to his
credit and shows something admirable about his character. Most of us
know this already and don't think to question it.  Marshall simply did
not understand why all that HTML text was there, getting in his way. And
that is a question several have asked and received help from Andy about.
I remember David Stanwood running into the same thing a while back.
Marshall will most likely, if he hasn't already, receive directions as
to how to set his email reader to deal with the problem. And  no doubt
being the capable fellow he obviously is.... he will figure it out.

No need for anyone to get upset here.  And as Alan points out... most
certainly no need for anyone to presume to speak in Marshall's stead. If
per chance Marshall did indeed misread humor for something other then it
was... unlikely, but then someone obviously did... well one just clears
it up.... which I believe has already been done.  I mean really guys...
we are seriously going to get all in a ruffle about a couple of
gibberish posts written by and to known kidders ??  There are far better
targets to take aim at me thinks.

btw... Bleep Zebra was a term in the Navy Air core... for a funny
foul.   JICAW.

Cheers and well... Merry Christmas folks.... its just about that time.
RicB

        It occurs to me that you do not realize that some sight impaired
        persons have to use text-to-vocalization software to transform
        their e-mail from print to spoken words, since they cannot
        "read" it.  So those people miss your rapier wit.

        Jim Frazee

    Visually impaired, blind, partly sighted, one-legged, asthmatic, and
    terminally goofy (like me)  people are perfectly normal folks with
    perfectly normal abilities  to participate in intelligent(?),
    witty(?) repartee and humor with other normal people, to laugh, to
    cry, and, in this case, of course, to be all grown up in their
    terrific abilities--including the ability to decide for THEMSELVES
    whether or not someone is intending offense and, i.e., they don't
    need or want YOUR help. Even more important they can decide FOR
    THEMSELVES whether or not to take offense, regardless of whether
    offense was intended or not.

    Alan Barnard
    Salem, MO