winter spinet

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 13 09:35:18 MST 2007

I'm happy for you...

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044

Original message

From: "Noah Haverkamp"

To: pianotech at ptg.org

Subject: winter spinet

From:"David Nereson" <dnereson at 4dv.net>

To:"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>

Date:Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:45:10 -0700

Subject:Re: plastic flanges

"....I just finished replacing all the hammer and wippen flanges on a 1948 Winter spinet.  (Why people want to put money into these things, I don't know.) ...."

Why? Because I intend to keep my wife, my only one, for atleast one lifetime. I wonder if there's a connection between superfluous trash and divorce rates? If something can be fixed, and it serves a valuable purpose, then it should be fixed. I own a 1935 Winter spinet and have no problems with it. I recently did some work on and sold a 1949 Winter spinet and the owner is delighted. Our society's preoccuapation with "if it's broke, don't fix it" is like a disease.

Noah Haverkamp

Know-a Piano

http://www.knowapiano.com

347-308-0094