Grand DC system LED problem

Brad Smith, RPT staff at smithpiano.com
Thu Dec 13 19:23:44 MST 2007

Hey Everyone,
Just installed a grand Dampp-Chaser (new style with the modular plug-ins)
and had a weird problem.

The low water (amber) light would come on if you removed the wet pads from
the smart heater bar
and
The red pad light would come on when you pulled the water probes up out of
the tank
Exactly opposite from how it's supposed to work.

Called DC central command and they determined I need to replace the
humidistat.
They sent it to me, I installed it, and same problem.
Then I went home and grabbed two additional grand dc systems, to try out
their humidistats.
Both of them did it too.

Finally....started checking other things, and discovered that the problem
was the LED panel.
Somehow it got wired wrong.

>From now on I'm carrying two systems to an install, so I can avoid the
repeat visits.