On the 14th day of December

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Dec 13 23:57:46 MST 2007

Hi Alan...

I havent been really happy with the first line since the first first
line :)... but this is a work in progress as it were.  A couple
suggestions have been very funny... but like the original first line
they take the song off in a different direction then it has taken.
Grin... fortunately we are half way through roughly... and have plenty
of time to ponder on it.  It should roughly rhyme with "Partridge in a
pear tree"... have the same meter, and go well with the rest of the
song.... hehe.. cant very well say a box full of busted up keys :)  well
well.. Think on it !

Cheers
RicB

        Okay, Ric, I applaud your efforts but I reeeeeaaaallllllly don't
        like the last line. Maybe, in part, it's because American
        English uses the word carton so sparingly--as in carton of milk.

        If I "cart" home a bunch of loose keysticks, I'd but them in a
        BOX, not a carton. Anyway, the line just seems jarringly wrong,
        to me.

        Alan Barnard
        Salem, MO