Grand DC system LED problem

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 08:25:45 MST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 8:40 AM, Richard Brekne <ricb at pianostemmer.no> wrote:

> Not wanting to unduly criticize a basically good product...

I agree.  In fact, I've only had one problem so far.

>   I'm kind of a minimalist in many regards and have wished for several
> years
> now a gadget free version of the DC system.  Clear water container...

Excellent idea!

> no smart bars.. only a humidistat, two heat bars (one for each task, and
> an
> off and on switch for electronics.

Sounds good.  Maybe add to that list some LEDs whose entire purpose is to
verify correct functioning of each component.  For instance, if a humidifier
bar quits functioning, an LED comes on.

I've also had 3 humidistat failures, water depth sensor failures, and
> smart bar failures.

I'm dealing with a situation now.  H4 system.  Both pads and low water
lights blinking alternately.  DC sent a replacement unit, but now the low
water light flashes continuously even though the sensor is in the water.   I
had already installed the replacement stat before plugging it in, so didn't
notice the problem until it was replaced. Grrr...but I learned the valuable
lesson for next time: test before final tidying up, cabling, etc.

Received another replacement stat Friday, and will have to make another trip
to see if this corrects the problem.

But, a generally good product.

--
JF