Decal adhesive/Music rack needed

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Fri Dec 14 06:13:55 MST 2007

> And place a cloth on the board to soak up excess
> glue to be finessed with tweezers.
But won't I end up with the cloth glued to the board, if I'm using CA?
Yikes! <g>

My quandary was about what kind of glue would be best in the long run, for
the life and sound and response of the board.  How much difference will it
make?  Right now, I'm leaning toward the varnish solution for several
reasons, but I'm really most interested in what matters and why.  (I'm also
wondering why the decal lifted in the first place and whether the D-C system
I installed last year could be involved.)

How are the separate pieces of a soundboard adhered to each other?  What
types of finishes are used on soundboards?  I've found several references to
Del Fandrich's soundboard essay, but the link is broken, so I have yet to
get to the actual article.  Thanks.

And as for the music rack, I had nice chats with several folks at Baldwin
yesterday.  The man at the plant in Truman, AK, said he was going to check
inventory but hasn't called back yet.  Funny thing is, he didn't have a
picture of that model, either!  Sometimes I'm utterly in awe of Mr. Pierce
and his "Atlas", as the industry is so chaotic in so many ways!

Thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions.

Annie Grieshop