??Puzzler??

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Dec 18 11:42:31 MST 2007

Alan Barnard wrote:
> Hm.
>
> Small screwdriver suggests removing dampers by unscrewing them at the monkey and bushing cloth "suggests" rebushing damper guide rail--but 1 inch seems not enough for 21 and "a drop of glue" would be spread pretty thin...
>
> Not a regulation issue, you say ...
>
> So I'm guessing you used the cloth to shim the guide rail to a slightly different angle/position.
>
> That's my studied, scientific, professional estimate ... or wild-assed guess, that is.
>
> Alan Barnard
> Salem, MO

My equally shot from the hip response would be that the inch of cloth
would be for the bushing on the sostenudo post of that wire bail
attached to the sostenudo rod. The small screwdriver would be for the
brass flange holding it in place, the glue to hold the cloth together
until the flange is in place and tight.

with the cloth worn or missing the sostenudo rod could/would move and
rub on the tabs, holding the dampers up. which ones would depend on
distance from post and individual regulation.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076