explanation(s), please

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Fri Dec 21 11:00:31 MST 2007

Again, reply interspersed.

* I know what a scarf joint is, but am not exactly clear on "solid root
bridge".  Is the point that perhaps the top side of the joint has pulled
loose?  To answer your question:  I did not check anything beyond the bridge
pins.

> Are the pins super loose?

*  Eh, no worse than lots of other pianos I've tuned.

> Me too. I'd likely pronounce it dead and send it to Valhalla.
> Anyone who's watched adventure films knows that the dead
> always attack as the hero or his (eventual) girl friend passes
> by. This piano has attacked, and is therefor dead. QED.

*  Lucky for me, I don't wear high heels, and I wouldn't open that door on a
bet!  So I guess that means I'd better be equally smart about what I tell
this customer, huh....  Thanks!