Another exciting "CA" day!

Floyd Gadd fg at floydgadd.com
Fri Dec 21 12:01:35 MST 2007

My favorite applicator for CA glue is an accordion bottle from Lee Valley Tools that can be equipped with blunt tipped needles of various gauges.  The bottles come with a selection of needles, but the needles themselves are really a single use item.  I recently purchased a hundred 22G needles from Small Parts Inc (part # NE--222PL-C).

The accordion bottles can be capped between uses.  They do eventually harden with the glue in them, so they need to be replaced every few months.  The closing system is also not that secure, so I like to store them in a plastic cylinder with a locking top that came with a bottle of "hot stuff" adhesive I purchased a while back.

I like the degree to which the 22G needle gives me control of the flow of the thin CA.  Right now I need to replenish my supply of accordion bottles, so I'm working straight from the regular CA glue bottle--I find myself glued to things a lot more often these days.