explanation(s), please

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Dec 21 13:23:54 MST 2007

Lots of good ideas on what to look for so far - and it could be any of them.

But I would also be sure to evaluate the tightness of the tuning pins on the
offending strings. I have had tuning pins that were loose jump or "BANG"
spontaneously and go way flat. I have usually seen that occur in the bass,
not so much in the treble - but hey, why not the treble! Put you tuning
lever on those pins and take just your pinky and give the tuning lever a
nudge and see if the pin jumps with a good "BANG".

And check all the other suggestions also.

Terry Farrell