explanation(s), please

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Fri Dec 21 14:55:52 MST 2007

Yep, I've had that happen, too, which is why I wasn't all that concerned by
it.  (Shocked and amazed at the quantity/quality of the sound, but not
terribly concerned the first time it happened.)  I expected them to drop
back again, having been so flat.  If I suspect the block is really awful,
I'll leave my hammer on the pin, just to make it easier to see if the pin
turns back when I let up on it.  Unfortunately, I didn't do that this time,
so I don't know if that was the culprit.

But it's the cluster of strings whose pins I never even touched that worry
me.  Why did they drop in pitch so precipitously -- simultaneously and
without apparent cause?

Believe it or not, I'm not discounting the suggestion that it was just jumpy
pins.  Just pondering out loud........

Annie Grieshop