tuning pianos in Florida

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Dec 21 20:10:52 MST 2007

Yes, as we are well north of the equator, the day do indeed get shorter in the winter. However, not to the degree you folks up north experience. Today (or about) is the winter solstice - the shortest day of the year - sunrise is at 7:16 AM and sunset is at 5:38 PM. I have been walking my dogs in the evening lately and usually leave at 5:15 and walk 45 minutes - it's definitely getting dark, but there is still some light when I get home about 6:00 PM.

Near Tampa, I am at 27.9 degrees north latitude. Seattle, which is central N-S in Washington is at 47.6 degrees north latitude. So you folks get about twice the summer/winter extremes (sunset/sunrise) that we experience down here in Florida.

So yes, we get the same effect, just not as severe (including temperature!).

Terry Farrell