CP80 Yamaha portable piano

Martin Wisenbaker mbjwisenbaker at juno.com
Sun Dec 23 12:38:39 MST 2007

I have a customer with a CP 80 Yamaha portable electric piano with a
problem.  One of the hammers has broken off in the middle of the keyboard
and has fallen down under the back check of the key to its left and is
holding the hammer up so that both keys cannot play. I can see the broken
off hammer down in there using a flashlight. Question: how does the
action come out? I took the key slip off but that was all I could see to
do. What else needs to be done to get it out so that I can get to the
broken off hammer and make the repair. This customer is a professional
entertainer and needs his piano fixed.

Thanks for your help,
Martin Wisenbaker, RPT
Houston, Texas