No subject

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Dec 23 17:31:54 MST 2007

I am quite sure there are others whom are far more qualified to speak on
the matter... but my own experience in this area has shown me pretty
clearly that if you are going so far as to put a new board into the
instrument, you can pretty much decide what the thing is going to sound
like ahead of time if you know what you are up to. Enlist the help of
one of the fellows whom redesign instruments and your 2-3 grand will go
quite a bit further then otherwise me thinks.

Cheers
RicB

    I am need an opinion from those who have ever put a new board into a
    Sohmer grand (6'4"  "scale # 9") ...mine is vintage 1923. I have
    done some board work on it and it improved it slightly, but the bass
    is still "woody" and otherwise diminished. Can anyone tell me of
    their results and the overall response of the instrument? This is a
    personal instrument and I am questiong the wisdom of dropping $
    2500-$3000 into a new board, not to mention the labor.

    Cordially,

    LORENZO LACOVARA

    The Piano Exchange
    BUY  SELL  TUNING  REPAIRS